NIJSWLIGHTUP18: Meet the new Mr and Miss NIJ

Mr and Miss NIJ 2018
Emmanuel Iyamu and Prudence Alfred were crowned Mr and Miss Nigerian Institute of Journalism, NIJ, 2018.

The new Mr and Miss NIJ beat 10 other contestants in the NIJSWLIGHTUP18 students week. The contestants showcase their dancing and communication skills as well as their dress sense and general knowledge mastery.

The crown which was fiercely contested for, had 12 contestants, six females and six  males respectively.

While Iyamu and Ms Alfred emerged as Mr and Miss NIJ 2018, Emmanuel Osere and Jessica Kings were crowned Mr and Miss Photogenic. Similarly, James Abraham and Damilola Shokoya emerged as Mr and Miss Amity.

The exquisite dress made with shiny sequin and disk-shaped bead was worn by the enthralling new queen, a first-year National Diploma student, was made by another student who is creative designer, Zakariyah Azeezat.

Ms Alfred said:  “I’m going to try and help my colleagues that will like to be in this position next year. I am going to add my own impact to NIJ in any way I can in terms of structures and any other thing I know I can support the school with”, when asked what her impact will be in her new position.

At the same time, Mr NIJ also spoke with the institution media team after the event. Iyamu said: “Actually, I feel so glad. I feel happy about this. I never expected to be the winner; I just thought I was going to be probably Mr Photogenic or Mr Amity. I tried my best. I believe in being outstanding in anything one does so I think that really helped me.
The contestants of the 2018 NIJ beauty pageant 
Also, all the 12 contestants were given the certificate of participation by the Students’ Representative Council, organizers of the NIJ students’ week 2018.

The beauty contest was the climax of the Students’ Week that saw various students from National Diploma to Postgraduate Diploma levels showcase their oratory and communication skills as well as creativity in various areas.

The NIJ Students’ Week which the grand finale was yesterday, started with seminars, cultural day, sports activities, among others held it dinner party. Also, awards were presented to students who deserve them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beyoncé performs her song with Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie at Coachella festival

FG acquires calibration safety aircraft worth millions of dollars